[Sca-cooks] gravy

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 14:29:02 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/28/2003 12:05:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:
Recently you commented on the Europeans considering gravy to include
just the drippings and not necessarily creating a roux, where the
Americans consider a rouz necessary to call it a gravy.
I missed this the first time around.... the first exception I can think of to
test this rule is "Redeye Gravy", made with ham drippings, butter and black
coffee. Not period, decidely American though, and in most examples I've seen,
clear, or clearish.... Any other regonal examples?

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke