[Sca-cooks] gravy

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 12:31:40 PST 2003

>I wonder if Ranvaig's recollection of a creamy gravy might have
>involved coffee to some extent, but between the ham drippings (which
>are generally more than simply grease, I would have thought) and the
>cream or milk, somewhat disguised.

Absolutely not, there was never, ever any coffee in my mom's RE
gravy.  My husband who IS a coffee drinker also says that Red Eye
doesn't have coffee... not just sometimes, but never heard of it that
way. The name Red eye comes because you use the marrow from the ham
steak.  Not arguing, just reporting what I remember.

Ranvaig