Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

margali mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 12:36:51 PST 2003

nonsense, there is plenty of subtle flavor when made correctly, the
mouthfeel of a smooth sauce, the sweetness of pork, the bite of the
black pepper added, and the salt/pepper/sage and occasionally other
spices depending on brand does flavor the gravy. Yes, it *is* a
relatively bland dish, but then again, many foods are bland. it is a
good beakfast dish as many people dont like startling food first thing
in the morning, after all how pungent is a fried egg sunny side up on toast?
margali