[Sca-cooks] Dried Beans that WON'T COOK!!!

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 29 14:55:30 PST 2003

Probably a good bet, as I imagine the soda will kill the greens
anyway, after such long cooking.

A.

Ooh, but the color they've turned...indescribible :p
The peas have softened up a bit however, perhaps if I'd added the pinch of
soda at the beginning of the process, knowing the beans had been stored for
a while, it would have made a difference.  I really hate to loose the ham
stock, but other than the bone that's in the trash now, the rest of it is
very re-doable.
It was worth a shot.  I'll keep them bubbling for a while longer to see if
they do eventually get there now they've had a booster of soda, but probably
won't eat much of it now.  Bummer.
Ah, well, not every dish comes out a winner.
Christianna