[Sca-cooks] Dried Beans that WON'T COOK!!!

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 29 22:46:37 PST 2003

Well, but they aren't dried beans anymore, they've absorbed some water over
the last 36 hours of cooking, just not enough.  The soda made more
difference than anything.  I think in the future if I have some beans that
have been sitting a while I will try soaking them overnight with a generous
pinch of baking soda in the water.  Then maybe a smaller pinch in the
cooking water.
I've finally turned this pot off, they aren't going anywhere, and I'm tired
of wasting energy on them.  Pooey.
Christianna