[Sca-cooks] Visit to Portland Oregon

Hrothny/Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Wed Dec 31 12:58:50 PST 2003

> I've friends who will be visiting Portland, Oregon in January
> for a week or so.  Anyone have any suggestions regards sights
> to see in the way of exhibits, museums and art galleries?  They
> are Jewish but aside from avoiding pork don't seem to have
> any other dietary restrictions.  Could
> anyone suggest some restaurants as well?
>
> Daniel

OMSI, definitely (the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). Sounds flakey,
is fantastic. Advise them to plan at least an entire afternoon, assuming
that they're not interested in the IMAC or planetarium.

Beyond that, I don't know - haven't been home in over 10 years. *sniff* I'm
sure the restaurants have changed. There was a good Italian family-run
restaurant/lounge on B-b- opps, I've lost the name of the street - a
north/south "dividing line" street (easy to spot in the city map). Anyway,
if it's still there and still run by the same family, it's got *great* food.
I didn't bother with the lounge, but the food was wonderful. (I was a
weirdo, though and while appreciating the better cruisine, loved their
hand-patted thick-crusted pizzas, rectangular, with Canadian bacon and fresh
tomatoes. I'm thinking it was a regional thing, as I've not seen that
configuration outside of Portland).

Hrothny

Hrothny