[Sca-cooks] Star gazey pie

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:16:45 PST 2003

Greetings all.

For our cooks guild meeting last Saturday I finally gave a try to a recipe
that has delighted my internal visual senses since I read it quite some time
ago.  Star gazey pie.

It was quite simple to do and not costly.  Well, I should have said that it
*should* be quite simple to do if you take short cuts, which I didn't.  I
fillet my own small fishes so it was a little longer process, but, in my
opinion, worth the effort.  IMO if you don't do it the long way the first
time then you have no real idea what possible shortcuts you could use to
effectively reach the same end.  That being said, next time I shall buy
pre-fillet fishes and ask the fishmonger for a bunch of small heads.

Anyway, the pie was so clever to see (yes I shall post pictures as soon as I
can figure how to download from my digital camera, maybe on the morrow), and
folks just thought it soo delightful.  All eight of those wee fish tucked
into their little crust blankets.  Everyone tried it and even the fish
skeptics really liked it.  It was decided to serve it in the first course
for Garb Wars in May.  *That* is how much they liked it!

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild