[Sca-cooks] Pet abuse

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:36:41 PST 2003

>Right now, Kakarot is mewing sadly from within the shower...where he has
>been banished to after being
>found scarfing leftover ramen out of my bowl...damn
>kitten!

Poor kitty!
That reminds me of two stories about my ferrets from
this weekend. One is that poor little Tinker (the
hellion) got the severe punishment of a bath after I
saw her climb the kitchen drawers, get onto the
counter, run along it and dive headfirst into the
garbage can so she could munch thrown out spaghetti.

The other is that I re-discovered both the ferrets'
love of avocado. I had made black beans and rice for
lunch and sliced a fresh avocado over it. As I was
sitting on the floor of the living room, watching
television I found one ferret perched on my shoulder
and the other at my knee. The shoulder ferret (Tinker
again) would climb down my arm to get at the avocado.
The only way I could stop her was to get a pinch of
avocado and let her lick it off my fingers as she
perched on the shoulder. Jaspar (the ferret equivalent
of a Golden Retriever on Valium)just sat by my knee
and quietly pleaded with me to let him have some.

So the three of us had a nice lunch of avocado and I
even managed to eat the rest without too much interference.

Ferrets are weird.

Gunthar