[Sca-cooks] The formation of the Atenveldt Kingdom Cooks Guild

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 19:51:31 PST 2003

Forwarded with permission from Lady Linette:

To the good gentles of the great Kingdom of Atenveldt, Greetings.

It is with a joyous heart that I am able to announce that foundation
of the Kingdom of Atenveldt Cooks Guild. On February 14th 2003, Lady
Eden Blacksmith, Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences selected Lady
Linette Marie Genevieve di Addabbo, to become the Cooks Guild
Leader.

The main goals of the guild are:

Ø Advance the knowledge and art of cooking in the Kingdom of
Atenveldt.
Ø Provide recognition for members.
Ø Make available an environment where interested members of the
populous can investigate the fine art of cooking.

Our first official meeting of the Guild will be in March 29, 2003 at
the Mixed Weapons War in the Barony of Sundragon, 3:00 p.m. To
become a member of the Kingdom of Atenveldt Cooks Guild you just have
to express interest and attend meetings that you are able.

Among the goals of the first meeting is to open the remaining officer
positions to the entire populace of Atenveldt. Our fledgling guild
is open and welcomes all who want to participate. I hope that during
that meeting or via other means of communication to fill all the
remaining officer positions at that meeting.

Below is an outline of Officer positions and duties.
Guild leader: (once Charter signed Guild Leader becomes Guild
Mistress/Guild Master...this is a courtesy title and does not imply
SCA rank) In many ways, the Guild leader plays the role of a
Seneschal within a Guild. This position is the administrative head
of the Guild. This office can be warranted for a period of no less
than 2 years.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ø The Guild Leader /Mistress/Master acts as a focal point for
all guild matters.
Ø The Guild Mistress/Guild Master reports to the Atenveldt
Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences.
Ø Monthly reports are due by the fifth of each month.
Ø The Guild Minister appoints Educational, Secretary, Regalia,
and Historian/Chronicler officers to serve the guild.
Ø These positions are also for a period of no less than 2
years.
Ø Provides both leadership and direction for all Guild
projects.
Ø Calls regular meetings of the Guild assuring that all areas
of the Kingdom of Atenveldt are covered.
Ø Responsible for the creation and continuation of the Kingdom
of Atenveldt Cooks Guild Charter.
Ø Oversees all funds and allocation of funds within the Guild.
Works with the Regalia Officer to decide upon the needs of the Guild.
Ø Works to accentuate the visibility of the Kingdom of
Atenveldt Cooks Guild at all opportunities.
Lady Linette Lady_Linette at iname.com has been chosen for this position.
Educational Officer: This Officer is responsible for promoting
ongoing education efforts within the Guild. This includes but is not
limited to:
Ø Arranging and promoting workshops and classes.
Ø Developing and organizing collegiums to further knowledge of
the art of cooking in the Kingdom of Atenveldt.
Ø Overseeing all aspects of knowledge disbursement to Guild
members.
Ø Provide monthly status reports, not later than the first of
the month to the Guild Leader/ (Guild Mistress/Guild Master).
Lady Sarah sarah at rocinante.com has been chosen for this position
(Deputy) Librarian: This position is responsible for keeping the
Guild reference library. This includes but is not limited to:
Ø Maintaining a compressive list of all Guild owned reference
materials that will be available to all members.
Ø Tracking the loan of materials to guild members.
Ø Making recommendations for additions to the Guild Library.
Ø Maintain and verify accuracy of Internet resources available.
Secretary: This Officer is responsible for member interaction records
within the Guild. This includes but is not limited to
Ø Keep a record of members and position in the ranking system.
Ø All meeting minutes fall under this officer or one of their
deputies.
Ø Provide monthly status reports, not later than the first of
the month to the Guild Leader/ (Guild Mistress/Guild Master).
Ø Responsible for assembling Guild meeting agendas.
Ø Arrangements for monthly Guild meetings.
Ø Coordinate announcements in Southwind and any local
publications.
Position open
(Deputy) Assistant Secretaries: This position assists the office of
Secretary. This includes but is not limited to:
Ø Making sure that all meeting minutes are kept at all official
Atenveldt Cooks Guild meetings.
o An official meeting is defined as: Anywhere an Officer of the
guild meets with members that have been publicly advertised.
o If the Secretary or Assistant Secretary is present it is the
responsibility of the Officer to maintain comprehensive notes of the
meeting and forward them before the first of the month to the Guild
Leader / (Guild Mistress/Guild Master).
Regalia Officer: This Officer maintains all Guild resources that
exist. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ø Maintaining an inventory of all regalia items belonging to
the Guild.
Ø Responsible for storage and maintenance of all Guild
resources.
Ø Recommend additions to regalia and procure additional items
the Guild needs.
Ø This Officer is also the fundraiser officer.
Ø Provide monthly status reports, not later than the first of
the month to the Guild Leader/ (Guild Mistress/Guild Master).
Position open
(Deputy) Fund raising coordinator: This position assists the
Regalia Officer in fund raising duties. This includes but is not
limited to:
Ø Planning and coordinating fund raising events with Regalia
Officer.
Ø Assists with the acquisition of Regalia or items after funds
have been acquired.

Historian/ Chronicler: This Officer keeps the history and the
chronicles of the Guild. Responsibilities include but are not
limited to:
Ø Maintain the history of the Guild.
Ø Publish newsletter for all guild members that can be accessed
via both hard copy (provided at meetings) and electronic versions.
Ø Provide monthly status reports, not later than the first of
the month to the Guild Leader/ (Guild Mistress/Guild Master).
Position open
(Deputy) Web Master/Mistress: This position assists the Historian /
Chronicler. This includes but is not limited to:
Ø Maintaining the Guilds' web presence and/or web site.
Ø The publication of the any electronic newsletters.

I am hoping to make our officers a diverse group not only in skills
but also in locality. If we are to truly further the art of cooking
in our glorious kingdom we must service all of Atenveldt. Once that
is done we, as a group must move forward on creating a charter for
the Guild. This task may take several meetings but I am confidant
that the basic groundwork that was laid at Estrella War will
facilitate this process.

My contact information is:

Lady Linette Marie Genevieve di Addabbo
aka Lynette Addabbo
(Mailing address)
PO Box 40516
Mesa, AZ 85274
Lady_Linette at iname.com
(480) 429-0569 - no calls after 10:00 pm please

During our first meeting we will evaluate the calendar to setup up
additional monthly meetings for all interested parties to attend.
Currently we have set our second meeting for April 20, 2003 during
the Theme Event within the Barony of Atenveldt, at 3:00 pm.

I remain in Service,

Lady Linette

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook