[Sca-cooks] My Estrella breakfast

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 21:19:13 PST 2003

Greetings.

     Well, I did cook my 'punishment' breakfast for our camp (40 people) and it turned out wonderful. I ended up boiling, then peeling, chopping and freezing the potatoes, so they did not turn out watery. Also cooked and froze sausage, and (seperately) scrambled eggs.Day before, I sliced my red peppers, green peppers, onions and red onions.

     Morning of, there was little to do but wake everyone to the smell of the peppers/onions frying, fresh coffee perking with the rest just having to heat.

     Oh, what did we have? Mexican breakfast fajitas, with my homemade (sorta, I buy lightly seasoned sausage and season it myself) sausage, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, two cheeses, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and my homecanned green chile pork sauce all stuffed, self serve style, onto piping hot tortillas.

     Thanks for all the help. I took all kinds of ideas and came up with this. Then I finished it up with fresh hot cherry cheesecake donuts for the camp...and lots of others, too (Kingdom Bard, Kingdom Seneshal, last Queen, etc.) Had a wonderful time, though, and will probably never again feel breakfast detail is the sh** detail.

Isabella