[Sca-cooks] german book

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Feb 27 09:17:23 PST 2003

TMR just sent out a review of this source:

Weiss, Stefan. <i>Die Versorgung des paepstlichen
Hofes in Avignon mit Lebensmitteln (1316- 1378):
Studien zur Sozial- und Wirtschaftsgeschichte eines
mittelalterlichen Hofes</i>. Berlin: Akademie
Verlag, 2002. Pp. 725. Euro 84.80 (hb). ISBN:
3-05-003640-0.

Which is on the diet of the Papal Court in Avignon... the reviewer suggest
that it should be required reading for anyone interested in the history of
food. Unfortunately it's in german.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_