[Sca-cooks] OT: Space Shuttle disintegrates on landing approach

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Sat Feb 1 07:30:03 PST 2003

> Oh wow!!!
> Thanks for the news.  It was going to be a tv-free day, but i guess we
will
> be glued to CNN.
> Could this be another faulty *O* ring?

Probably damaged tiles, if they come off or fail the skin underneath is
ripped apart like by a giant cutting torch. From the pics it looked like
wing detached and then the shuttle exploded.  Most likely tiles failed and
two thousand degree heat was able to get to the under skin, at that point
its is all over.  Not terrorism, though by night fall Bush will have el
queida involved I am sure:) It is tragedy of huge magnatude. But in very
risky endevor there are huge risks as well.  Just something that happened
and seven very fine scientists and astronauts died in the accident.

YIS, Elric