: [Sca-cooks] OT: Space Shuttle disintegrates on landing approach

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Sun Feb 2 22:38:22 PST 2003

Marion ended with a quote which echoes part of what I've been thinking:

...but will remember them, and turn our eyes to the future, as they who
perished in the shuttle would have wanted us to do:  to continue their life's
work and not lost the dream."

This is extremely important to remember in the days and weeks ahead, as there
will be some who call to end or suspend the space program until we can make
it perfect.

It's not perfect and it's not going to be routine for a long time.  But
please, write your congressmen and let them know you still support the space
program and the dream of international cooperation to reach for the planets
and stars; and do not let the dream of the crew of the 'Columbia' be lost.
That is the last thing they would want their deaths to mean.

Berengaria
reaching for the stars since the age of 3