[Sca-cooks] OOP - slow cookers

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Feb 4 12:17:21 PST 2003

At 09:07 AM 2/4/03,sjk3 at cornell.edu said something like:

>The weather and my schedule have been getting to me lately.  Can anybody
>recommend good recipes, websites, or cookbooks for slow cookers/Crock
>Pots?  I've got one, have had it for years, and don't really know how to
>use it.  But coming home after a full day at work (followed by rehearsal
>most days) to a hot meal would be *really* nice.
>
>Sandra

http://www.justcrockpotrecipes.com/  Is just what it says, just crockpot
recipes.

There are 10 billion different recipes (okay, maybe just ten thousand).
What I'd like to share is the concept of the reynolds baking bags. With
those you can achieve multiple foods in one crockpot, instead of the
everything all cooked together smoosh.  For instance, I took and made a
lamb shanks dish in one bag, and brown rice in another bag. The trick with
the rice is to make sure there is at least some small pinhole for steam to
escape from, or the bag inflates and pops the top off the crockpot.
When I was doing the 8 hours in an office for a tax accountant the crockpot
was my saviour (my family, for some odd reason, thought I was perfectly
capable of still producing a full blown meal without breaking a sweat, and
silly me, I met that expectation!)

Good luck!!
Maggie