[Sca-cooks] Farmers Market Bargins

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 4 21:56:29 PST 2003

Serena da Riva asked:
> I was in the Farmers Market and they had some neat things for realitively low prices, so I picked some up and now I am
> looking for suggestions as to what to do with them.
>
> I found Quinces and Chestnuts.
>
> I have found some interesting Quince Marmalade recipits, but was wondering about Quince Paste, there is a rather large
> file on it in the Flori-thingie, but I found it a bit confusing.

I'm sorry you had trouble with this file. Any suggestions on how to improve
things? This may be a problem that is specific to the -msg (message) files and
the fact that the info, since it comes from multiple people over time, can be
circuitrous and contradicting. Of course if someone wants to write me an
article on Quinces, I'd love to consider adding it to the files...

> With the chestnuts I have been coming up blank except for the Rissoles in LMdP. I know they ate them, but how?
I believe there is some info in this file on chestnuts, but it may be more

on how to roast them and such, rather than specific recipes.

nuts-msg         (101K)  5/28/02    Nuts, acorns, nut flours in medieval foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/nuts-msg.html

Stefan
(Currently trying to rebuild his Florilegium mailing lists after the Netscape
6.02 address books lost unknown numbers of entries...not the first time. Time
to find a reliable Mac program to manage my address books)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com