[Sca-cooks] the True Story of the Doumbek

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 23:42:27 PST 2003

How funny. I don't think I can play the doumbek, either, but I must do it all the time without thinking. Case in point. We went to home depot tonight for a roll of duct tape (really, we use it, on occasion). Standing in line, I was holding it (the kind shrink wrapped in plastic) when Cade poked me in the side and whispered, "Nana, no drumming."  Gee, didn't mean to embarass the poor kid.
Isabella, who OBVIOUSLY has no drumming rhythm, either.
 Mark Calderwood <mark-c at acay.com.au> wrote:At 02:43 4/02/03 -0800, you wrote:
>For anyone who has lost sleep at an event-
>http://www.tancos.net/dumbek.html

Period joke (12th century Andalusian)
Q: What's the difference between God and a doumbek player?

A: God doesn't _think_ he can play the doumbek.

Giles