[Sca-cooks] OOP - slow cookers

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 5 17:01:02 PST 2003

Good advice!  One more thing to keep in mind - most recipes I've seen for large
roasts recommend that you brown the outside first by searing in a pan before
putting in your slowcooker.  This is done to A) seal in the juices and B) make
the meat look more appetizing.  Apparently you can adapt many recipes for your
slowcooker, but might need to adjust liquid levels etc.  I have quite a few
slowcooker specific recipes (they're popular again), I'll take a look through my
cookbooks and post what looks interesting.

Faerisa