[Sca-cooks] Barberries (was "Just a Feast")

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Feb 5 21:34:10 PST 2003

I've seen Oregon Grape growing wild around here (up in the mountains,
though), but have never seen it done commercially.
Of course, I've never seen barberries for sale, either, but Akim's
useful information leads me to think that (if the bushes can stand our
winter weather) it might be fun to get a couple of bushes.
Akim, what kinds of weather do barberry bushes tolerate?
--Maire, who'd eat that nummy-sounding chicken dish with or without
cranberries, which, she thinks, would definitely fall into the "the best
one can do under the circumstances" category