[Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

Daniel Myers doc at medievalcookery.com
Thu Feb 6 13:31:44 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 12:55 PM, Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

> On that note, I'd like to point out that more and more Americans are
> being
> hit by Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.  This "sensitivity" can cause
> things
> as simple as slight breathing problems, to full fledged asthma
> attacks, or
> seizures.  It can be triggered by a perfume, or other scented products.
>
> I would beg y'all to be careful about that.  If you *must* put perfume
> on,
> put only a little.
>
> For more info:
> http://www.ilru.org/ilnet/files/manuals/MCS.txt

... and for information to the contrary:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/mcs.html

Disclaimer:  I do not have any experience with MCS or MCS patients.  I
do know people who have severe allergies or food intolerances.  I have
heard and do believe how serious allergic reactions can be, and how
uncomfortable food intolerances can be.  I do not mean to imply that
all symptoms of MCS are "fake", and encourage anyone who experiences
what they believe to be an allergic reaction to seek the advice of a
medical professional.  The above link is provided in the spirit of
educational debate, and does not necessarily represent my opinions
(which are still forming and are open to change).