[Sca-cooks] OOP - slow cookers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 20:11:42 PST 2003

Kiriel said:
> I cooked a truly gorgeous 40 clove chicken in my slow cooker.  Just peel 40 cloves of garlic and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Bung a chook on top, set and forget for a few hours.
>
> It came out golden brown and fall-off-the-bone tender... and ooh the taste. The only thing I would change is that I would maybe stuff the chicken with maybe a nice wild and jasmine rice and herb stuffing.

Oh! Okay. Cloves of "garlic". Before I got to that last part I was thinking
"cloves? You want be to stick the ckicken full of cloves such as you do for a
ham or a cloved fruit? I don't know..."

Using cloves of garlic this sounds good. I might have to try this. Of course, since I find it hard not to modify such recipes, I think I might sprinkle on some paparika or chinese pepper mix.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com