[Sca-cooks] Hello Lavender

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Feb 6 21:30:01 PST 2003

It very well may be....I've had lavender in a number of things
(including some middle eastern food), and it's been fine.
I have heard that some florals just can't be extracted by maceration in
alcohol, so perhaps that's what makes the cordials taste nasty.
I tried to make a cordial once, based on my favorite tea--recipe in a
book on liqueurs.  It was vile.  I may experiment with it sometime, on a
smaller scale, and see it aging helps it.
--Maire, who appreciates most floral scents <g>