[Sca-cooks] Dinner last night & Valentine's Day

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 7 06:39:29 PST 2003

Yum, leftover beef vegetable soup from the night before with toasted hard rolls and cheese.
What is everyone planning for Valentine's Day?  The only thing I have come up with so far is dessert.  I'm going to make a Pavlova variation.  Heart-shaped merange with cream cheese filling topped with strawberries.  The filling is: 8 oz. cream cheese, 13 oz can sweetened condensed milk and 1/3 cup lemon juice.  My sweetie doesn't care much for sweets, but loves cheesecake with strawberry topping. I'll probably have leftover filling, so I'll make some mini-cheesecakes, too.
But what to serve for the meal? He doesn't always have much of an appetite, so I'm trying to keep it to things that will refrigerate/reheat.  Stuffed Mushrooms, Grilled Steak and vegetables, home-baked rolls. He loves mushrooms, steak and my homemade bread. If I add candles to the table, soft music and a nice red wine, does this sound romantic?
Lady Liadan - OK, its our first Valentine's day together.