Changing the topic was [Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 06:50:10 PST 2003

>I'm feeling the urge to cook a feast coming on <g>. Even though I've got
>myself on feastocrat-leave for a year.....
>So, gang....If you all had to cook a spring-time feast for, say, 60
>people, and you had a budget of, mmmm, $8(US)/head, what would you
>serve? No major food-fu...a couple of people who don't do pork for
>religious reasons, and a couple more who can't have alcohol.
>--maire, wanting to talk about medieval cooking.....

The BH cooks guild is doing a feast on the 15th.  I have no idea what the
menu is because I took my leave of the guild for a while.  I have since
worked out most of my personal difficulties and have re-joined the guild and
will be going to the meeting on the morrow.  I'll try to get a copy of the
menu then and let you know what is planned, unless, of course, Ro or
Chirhart or Margherita or Orlaith or one of our other guild members on this
list knows and can post.
We are also doing the Garb Wars/Investiture feast in May and will begin
working on the details for that at this meeting.  Of course the final menu
will not be set till probably April when full force shopping will take
place.
Today I am going to buy rabbit and small fingerling fish so I can try out
the sweet/sour rabbit recipe I keep forgetting to post the source and recipe
for while I'm at home and the stargazy pie to bring along to the meeting on
the morrow.  Maybe I'll make some bread also.  I was gifted with two types
of starter from Kirsten when I was staying at her home.
Olwen