[Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 07:42:44 PST 2003

At 06:58 AM 2/7/03,Bronwynmgn at aol.com said something like:
>--
>In a message dated 2/6/2003 11:48:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
>

> > For dinner tonight I had two shots of Frangelica and a chicken leg.
> > How about you guys?
> >

>Pork chops braised (I guess; cooked in the oven with liquid in the bottom of
>the dish) in Italian dressing; Stove Top stuffing; steamed fresh broccoli.
>And a couple of leftover Christmas cookies for dessert.  I don't know what it
>is about my mom's Christmas cookies.  We made these before Christmas (some of
>them the weekend after Thanksgiving) and they are not stale.
>
>Brangwayna

Bah. I am putting together the stuff for our 20th anniversary party that
we're doing in the park tomorrow. One of the thingies I finished doing was
my version of a bratwurst.  The kid wandered in around 3pm and did the
inevitable "Whats for dinner mom?"  The last thing I wanted just that
second was bratwurst. The spouse completely vetoed any of the boneless
chicken chunks that we had on hand (they are being made into greek chicken
skewers for the party).  So, for dinner we ended up eating the leftover
pork, coarsely ground with onions, mixed in with el cheapo quickie mac and
cheese, with  gala apples eaten out of hand on the side (or honey tangerine
as the alternative).  My kitchen still kinda looks like a charnel factory
blew up in there, but all the edibles are safely wrapped in the fridge ..
today we do the chisel, scrape and scrub routine to get all the bits
cleaned up.

Then, there's dinner tonight. Hmmm.