[Sca-cooks] Dinner Tonight (was Re:New to list)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Feb 7 07:55:55 PST 2003

Also sprach Nick Sasso:

Maybe it's the alignment of the planets or something. Having just
looked out at the snow, and in the freezer, am also thinking in terms
of a floured, oven-smothered steak-y thing. Mine will be chuck (round
is traditional but I never saw the point; it seems to waver between
tough and dry, unless you lard it), floured, browned, and slowly
braised in its own juice and that of the copious quantities of
sauteed onion and shredded black mushrooms added to the pan. Will add
a little beef stock as cooking progresses, but not enough to really
braise it in a lot of liquid.

Am considering plain sauteed snow-pea shoots with good EV olive oil,
garlic and coarse salt, possibly a Waldorf salad, or a shredded
carrot salad, or another of my childhood early-60's comfort foods.
Probably there'll be buttered egg noodles, or smashed potatoes, but I
won't decide until I get home...

Adamantius