[Sca-cooks] re: Sideboard at Event Tomorrow

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Feb 7 09:09:32 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Benson" <vox8 at mindspring.com>
> Tomorrow is the big day for me. The time has come to succeed or die
(not really) trying.

> The premise: To feed everyone who attends the one-day event starting
at 9:30 am and going until 9:00 pm.

> PreReservations: 10
> Aniticipated turnout: Around 150  with possible variation of 25 to 30
people either way.
> Budget: $750 that was bumped by $150 two days ago.
> <<<SNIP>>> What say you all?
> Glad Tidings, Serena da Riva

With love and friendship, I say your are a fool! <VBG>  That said, what
you have done with impossible situation (more impossible than the list
can even know) is truly masterful.  You took the moving targets of
number to feed and budget, and made what looks like a brilliant plan
that maximizes what scant kitchen resources you have, the staff and the
bouncing budget.

Sure, there is potential of freezing rain . . . and the SEC college
Basketball Tournament in town filling the hugger mugger that is Atlanta
traffic.  That doesn't mean no one will show up to enjoy your food.  10
people could eat link horses, 150 would eat well, and everyone will be
amazed and satisfied.

(They won't even notice that I only gave you 276 cubeb berries instead
of the 288 you requested - just kidding.)

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco
(see you tonight with "The Goods")