Gift Packages (was Re: [Sca-cooks] WAR!)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:27:07 PST 2003

> >  Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:Hey~! Maybe, since we
>*are* a cooks list, we could gather together a list
> > of mailing addresses for those of our ranks who have been posted out
>and
> > send them little care packets.
>
>From: "Diana Skaggs" <liadan at sbcglobal.net>
> > I'm for it.  I have a bunch of oranges in the fridge.  I am going to
>try the candied orange peel recipe. I also have some other items that
>should ship well (Bourbon Balls, anyone?)
> > Liadan
>
>Cool ideas.  Toilet paper, soap, and goodies.  Alcohol based ones might
>cause trouble in the Islamic nations, maybe using orange flower water or
>rose water would be an option.  Marmalade and Sekanjabin type syrups
>come to mind.  If we love them in summertime for thirst quenching, then
>soldiers in the "region formerly known as Persia" could find use for it
>if they dare.
>
>pacem et bonum,
>niccolo difrancesco

I wonder how to start a "Knight's Away" address list so SCAdians around the
world could sign in their, or their friends, mailing address and others, who
are home, could "adopt" a friend and send wee things like pictures of events
or goodies or 'something from home' they can't get there.
Anyone know?
Olwen