[Sca-cooks] Dinner last night & Valentine's Day

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sat Feb 8 12:24:55 PST 2003

   Hi all!

     Having to go through the glucose tolerant test yesterday morning, with
the twist of starting out with a fasting blood sugar of 156 (ACK!!)  Supper
was skipped.   I did make myself a PB&J sandwich late in the evening.
Tonite we're going out to use a Christmas gift certificate, and Valentine's
may be also eaten out.

    We're in the middle of moving  -- the Mistress, in the other life is an
engineer for the power company and has been transferred.  We close on the
new house on the 11th, no buyer for our old house yet <sigh>  and  *MAYBE*
I can get one of the new positions (4)  for the new program in my
corporation.  Interviews are starting {maybe} on the 14th.

    I still feel quesy from the test, or the high blood sugar levels.  Since
I won't hear about the test results til next week, any advice about living
with the "not yet officially diagnosed" diabetes?  Any good "self-help"
books to recommend?  I'm used to being on the nurse side of the equation,
and know about the meds/testing/eating appropriately schedule,  but don't
know about this gray area of being alone with no meds, no testing equipt
yet.

Caointiarn