[Sca-cooks] Re: Older parents

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 8 16:08:37 PST 2003

The other night I was at my local musicians' meeting.  One of the other musicians has a 6 month old. He was so cute and the toys they have for babies now are so neat, I asked my SO if I should stop my birth control so we could have a baby.  His reply? "Let's just buy ourselves the toys and cut out the middleman!"
Liadan
 Isabella di Giovanni <isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com> wrote:--

Daniel, thank you so much for your post. I am 51, our children are all grown up and gone (for years, I was a very young mother), and I do so want more children. I stay very active (I am a karate instructor, in fact, I just got my 3rd Dan black belt a couple weeks ago), along with everything else. I really want to adopt a sibling group, maybe abused and neglected and let them see that the whole world isn't bad. Besides I have the patience (I work with ADHD and Bi-polar kids all the time) I just, sometimes, let my age scare me out of it.
Anyway, it helps finding someone close to my age who has done it. My daughter-in-law's mother is 67ish to her 24, and she says it doesn't bother her that her mom is so much older. Besides, now I am a lot more settled, and I can cook better (obligatory food content. haha).
Also, I can't think of anything better that to raise little kids in the SCA way of life.
YIS,
Isabella
Dan Phelps
wrote:Was written:

> > My eldest will be 37 in March...

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, my one and only is a week away from
seven months and I turned 50 a month after she was born.

Daniel

Squirrels are just rats with good PR.