[Sca-cooks] Sausage Casing

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Feb 10 11:01:51 PST 2003

> Since the standard sausage casing is pig intestine, i suppose one
> finds kosher or halal sausage casing at a kosher or halal butcher...
> Has anyone ever asked at a kosher butcher?

We were at a combination healthfoods/bulk foods store run by Amish that
had a lot of sausage supplies. I saw the artificial casings and they also
had sheep casings (instead of pork). What would be the difference in how
they would be used?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The art of losing isn't hard to master;/so many things seem filled with
the intent/to be lost that their loss is no disaster.
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster/of lost door keys, the hour
badly spent." -- "One Art", Elizabeth Bishop