[Sca-cooks] OT: Length of lines in messages (was re: Sabina)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 09:37:36 PST 2003

On 11 Feb 2003, at 12:13, Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamant wrote:

> I think mine is set to 80, too. I just noticed that of the URL's that
> appear in your posts, the problem of wrapping and non-linkage seems
> to happen more in your posts than in other people's. Of course, that
> may simply mean you post more URL's, giving you a larger random
> sample. Not a complaint about you.

I'm not feeling complained about.  :-)

However, if I can avoid URLs from wrapping, that would be a Good Thing.
I just discovered that my message *editor* was set to 70 characters.  I have
changed it to 80.  Here's a test with the same URL:
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_
contents.htm

Nope.  Still too long.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom