[Sca-cooks] Grinding mustard seed

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 11 21:15:25 PST 2003

niccolo difrancesco commented:
> (got a 22 of 25 on my mustard research and samples.  Next time I grind
> all my own seed to flour!)>>>

> All this because judges of my entry dropped a point and made comment
> due to lack of complexity of the entry, and that my research and
> documentation raised my score in that category.  I compared and
> contrasted 10 mustard sauces from different sources in my documentation,
> then prepared 4 of them for tasting.

Oh! This sounds interesting.

> I appreciated the considered feedback, but want to increase liklihood
> of banging home a perfect score somehow at Kingdom A&S by addressing
> their suggestions and critique.

It sounds like some of your scoring problem may have had more to do with
presentation than with the documentation itself, however there are a few files
in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of the Florilegium that might be of use
to you for this:

5x8-Doc-art       (19K)  2/17/99    "5x8 Documentation Is All It Takes: How to
                                       Write Documentation for A&S Entries" by
                                       Gunnora Hallakarva.
AS-food-msg       (26K) 11/27/00    Displaying food items at A&S events.

Documentation-art (12K)  8/ 1/01    "Documentation - a Quick and Painless
Guide" by Ld. Daniel Raoul le Vascon.

> (22 of 25 as cooking entry, and docs got 17 of 25 as research paper
> because of admittedly poor formatting <since it was created as entry
> documentation> among other things like typoes in the last paragraph).
Hey, want to clean up these items that you mention and know of, and send it to me for inclusion in the Florilegium?

If not, I'd still like to read it myself.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com