[Sca-cooks] cinnamon oil

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 06:35:38 PST 2003

>Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
>>I would avoid using essential oils in food unless they are marketed as
>>food safe (for instance, there's a farm store that sells pure lime oil,
>>peppermint oil, etc. for flavoring, near me, and you can get peppermint
>>oil and clove oil for internal consumption at some Pharmacies too.)
>
>I remember that you used to be able to get cinnamon oil at the pharmacy, or
>at
>least you could thirty years ago. I remember using it to make cinnamon
>toothpicks. Does anyone know whether cinnamon oil has suddenly gotten
>banned
>in the U.S.? I've like the mouthwashes with the cinnamon in them. One that
>liked, and can't remember the name of, had cinnamon and cloves in it. Now I
>can't seem to find any of the red, cinnamon mouthwashes at any of my local
>grocery stores.
>

>Stefan

Sorry all for the blank post.  I thought about canceling but hit send
intead.
Anyway Stefan, Jadwiga is right about getting oils at the pharmacy.  If they
don't have what you want you can ask if they will get some in for you.  They
used to be able to get me all kinds of oils, and if your phamacist likes you
they will rattle off a list of what is available.
Olwen