[Sca-cooks] cinnamon oil

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 12 09:23:02 PST 2003

Depends on the "aromatherapy" product. The don't-take-internally thing
arises from two concerns -- most aromatherapists etc. aren't licensed to
prescribe medicines, so they can't prescribe anything to be taken
internally. And second, as I said, true essential oils are extremely
concentrated, and really would be dangerous if ingested in any kind of
quantity. Which is probably why the cinnamon toothpicks disappeared. And I
probably ought to mention that cinnamon oil is a skin irritant. So on second
thought, you'd probably be better off with an extract of some kind rather
than an oil.

Aelfwynn