[Sca-cooks] Caid events in early June

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 13 10:15:01 PST 2003

Generys ferch Ednuyed wrote:

> Hey all -
> My lord and I are probably going to be in Los Angelos and/or Las Vegas the
> first week of June... we would love to go to an event while we're there
> (it'd be either the first or second weekend).  So... are any of you near
> there so we could meet you? And are there any cool events that happen to be
> in that area?
>
> Generys

You're in luck, there are lots of events in your target areas of Caid.  June 1
is on a Sunday so I've included three weekends here:

Caid kingdom calendar pages:  http://www.sca-caid.org/calendar/action.lasso

DATE  EVENT  SPONSOR

(Sat May 31  Coronation in the Barony of Starkhafn, Las Vegas)

 Sun  June 1     Queen's Champion    Barony of Starkhafn

 Sat  June 6-8     Mountain Event     Barony of Starkhafn  [According to the
barony's web page, this weekend is still going on even with Coronation/QChamp
the week before.]

Sat  June 7   Festival of Feast and Song   Barony of Altavia [NW Los Angeles
County, San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valley areas, including myself.  Barony
predominates in foodies and bards, ergo, feast and song.]

 Sun June 8  Gyldenholt Archery   Barony of Gyldenholt    [Orange County,
Calif.]

Sat  June14   Naevehjem Annual Cook-In   Barony of Naevehjem  [Mojave, Calif.
a bit of a distance, but they are a really great group and this is a must-go
for the Cooks!]

 Sat June 14  Heatherwyne Anniversary   Shire of Heatherwyne
[Pomona/Claremont, Calif.]

 Yours in service,
Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net