[Sca-cooks] Re; Philly Cheese Steak

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Feb 13 15:15:01 PST 2003

Also sprach <jeanne at atasteofcreole.com>:
>I had a conference to attend in Philly and tried looking for a philly
>cheese steak sandwich.  They were HORRIBLE!!  Best I've had was in Lakeside
>Mall on Vetrans Hwy in Metairie, Loser-ana!
>
>Go figure!

It's possible you, and many others, fell into a tourist trap, whose
sole purpose was to scoop in the people who, upon entering
Philadelphia, figured the first thing they should do is go looking
for a cheese steak.

I remember being rather embarrassed, looking for decent pizza in New
York with Stefan and his lady wife, Alice. It was just that we were
in the wrong neighborhood... it happens.

Adamantius