[Sca-cooks] Dinner Tonight

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Feb 13 18:37:44 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

 I'm still trying to
> > survive the acute lack of hot spices on local foods....
> "acute lack of hot spices" compared to where? Ohio??? :-)
>
> Stefan

Yep. Ohio doesn't spice things up as much as more Southern, Mexican/Cuban
influenced areas do, but you can at least taste them in their various ethnic
cuisines, and they do use horseradish with some frequency. Around here,
everything is dead bland- I had a "Cajun chicken" dish up here, and I think
they used mild paprika. The Chicken Vindaloo I tasted up near Boston earlier
this week was tasty, but again, very mild- almost no heat to it. I think
they put more pepper in their chowders, but they're blanded out by the cream
matrix. They serve absolutely miniscule amounts of wasabi with the sushi (at
least, so far). But, what can you expect of people who think beans are
supposed to be cooked with sugar and onions....

;-P

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,