[Sca-cooks] cinnamon oil

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 17 20:14:43 PST 2003

Brekke replied to me with:
> Cinnamon oil is still permitted for foods in the USA.  It's  GRAS (generally recognized as safe, for the non-food-technicians out there.) cf CFR 21, 182.20, essential oils and oleoresins.
Thank you. For some other reason then this mouthwash seems to have suddenly stopped being sold in my area. Perhaps this company went out of business, but I seem to remember it being around since early in the 20th century.

Time to do some web searches. At least now I know I'm probably not wasting my
time.
Stefan

PS: And yes, I did use the cinnamon oil full strength to soak the toothpicks in. The longer they soaked, the hotter they got. :-) Even in the early seventies this was soemthing I had to ask for. It wasn't out on the regular shelves at the drugstore.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com