[Sca-cooks] how to cook 20 lbs of rice

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Feb 18 21:24:38 PST 2003

Vicente wrote:

>Does anyone remember HG Cariadoc's method for cooking large amounts of rice
>in a pot?  Specifically, how much water in proportion to the volume of rice?
>  I remember the method well enough.

Proportions for the rice we used (basmati) are, if I remember
correctly, 1 cup rice to 1.75 cups water. It does depend on the kind
of rice, however; I remember some rice coming out soggy when we were
doing a feast away from our home group and one of the local people
bought a kind of rice we weren't familiar with.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook