[Sca-cooks] how to cook 20 lbs of rice

Jeanne Papanastasiou jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Wed Feb 19 05:58:27 PST 2003

Basmati rice takes twice as long as white rice to cook.  It also takes TWICE
as much water as white.  Wild rice isn't period nor is it a rice.

We cook rice down south by boiling it.  I used a 30+ qt pot and boil my rice
in 5 lbs at a time.  It can cook while I'm preparing other plates.

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
Born & bred in New Orleans
Know how you can tell a person is from New Orleans?  They put a pot of rice
on to boil before the coffee