[Sca-cooks] online books/manuscripts page?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Feb 21 07:39:26 PST 2003

Speaking as a librarian (and I am sure that the
other librarians on the list will agree) it certainly
wouldn't hurt to have this information duplicated in your
files. You might list:
 Online Books Page. http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/
then a brief description--
a valuable source to a number of items of interest. Updated often.
worth bookmarking.

Given the internet and the fact that the SCA is spread out over
the entire world, it's hard to predict where members will go to
find information or even for that matter how long certain projects
that collect such information
or people who are collecting this information will be around.
Backgrounds of those joining vary widely. For that matter
 which source will point out the valuable links that
answer the question or provide the information that the member is
seeking.
Are people more likely to turn to a file in the florilegium or
will they find the same source by doing a search using "google"?
I don't know that the profession has a real grasp on how people
search and find information now or how they
will search for information in the future.

I would think that the Florilegium would be an ideal spot to list these
sorts of bookmarks to other valuable sites.
The more links and pointers to such valuable sources are always
welcome.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway