[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Bread Recommendations?

Muireann Ni Muirchertaig muireann_ni_m at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 16:58:39 PST 2003

I just want to preface this reply with the statement:
"You guys are prolific posters!!!" :)  I realize I
didn't get a chance to check back yesterday, but oi!
:)

Thank you all so very much for your tips and
recommendations, I thought that rather than taking up
list space with 1-2 line replies to everyone I'd stick
them all here..

Phlip - fresh bread for fresh fish fry... Hmm.. Where
by the lake are you?  :-D  My lord is always telling
me that I've never REALLY had fish, since I've never
had anything fresher than a day or two old.  Though
the knowledge that Coleman does an oven is really
useful!!

Bear - Thank you so much for the Dutch Oven tips... :)
On thinking about it, I'd like to think I wouldn't
have stuck the oven into jumping flames, but... I
hadn't thought about it, so I might very well have..
:-D

Stefan - Florilegium searching, SWEET! :)  Thanks for
the leads! :)

Cariadoc - We could bake it before hand, and it would
hold up for the first part of the week, but then no
bread the second part (and I'm a hopeless carb junkie,
so that is just NOT an option! :-D)  However, the pan
breads are handy recipes, thank you! :)

Master Chirhart - thank you so much for the
invitation!!!  I might just take you up on that..
Though I must admit that the doggedly pig headed part
of my brain wants to make it work on our own.. :)

Rosine - Thanks for the tip on the Coleman oven, there
goes that idea.. :-S  And I have to agree with
Kiriel's take on the boyscout oven.. :-D  What a
horrible waste of boyscouts! :)  Seriously though,
what is a boyscout oven?? (Says she who is wondering
why her eagle scout hubby didn't mention this when she
first brought up the Pennsic bread issue)

Muireann, who thanks you all for your help, and for
your e-mails, which cheered her up hugely after a very
grumpy day in the evil world of the mundane.

=====

*~In Service to the Dream~*
*~In Service to the Kingdom~*
*~In Service to the Crown~*