[Sca-cooks] Food History v. Sources of Recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 22:56:34 PST 2003

Berengaria commented:
> Count me as someone who is interested in food history and food archeology.
>
> In my opinion, it's an important part of studying food in history.  I am
> someone who believes that acceptable documentation includes and should
> include results of archeo-logical finds, not just translated recipes.
>
> 'Sides, I'm in it for the overall knowledge, not just the recipes.
Actually, I suspect that is true of a great number of the folks on this list, to varying degrees of course.
Anyway, along these lines perhaps some of the books listed or reviewed in this file might be of interest:

books-food-msg   (118K)  5/ 9/02    Books about food. Not cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/books-food-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com