[Sca-cooks] Kosher Turkey Sausage

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Feb 28 05:03:25 PST 2003

Also sprach Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius:
>I'm with you on that one. There are people who will simply assume
>that if meat is good, meat and cheese is better. I believe the
>earliest known form involves chopped, raw ham, actually. Did I miss
>an actual cheese reference, to which Lady Phillipa is responding, or
>is there some categorization of eggs as dairy? I thought they were
>"either/or".

OK, I think I see what's happened. Brekke mentions cheese in sausage
recipes as an indication that one might not simply be able to
substitute turkey in these recipes to make them Kosher. From there,
perhaps, we get some extended logic to the effect that Scotch eggs
are (or are not) supposed to contain cheese. Or maybe someone really
has such a recipe.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Adamantius