[Sca-cooks] frankincense

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 1 01:24:33 PST 2003

Anahita asked:
> Anyone know if a single grain of frankincense is safe to "eat"? I
> know that myrrh is, but it doesn't taste or smell particularly nice,
> and "frank" is so nice...
I believe it is okay to eat, but I don't have a modern medical basis to go

on. Here is a bit from my gums-resins-msg file. This also gives you a comparison

between myrrh and frankincense.

gums-resins-msg   (20K) 10/22/02    Period use of plant gums and resins. Myrrh,
                                       mastic, frankincense, camphor.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/resins-msg.html

(hmmm. This is the old file. Looks like I need to upload the latest. Sorry)

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com