[Sca-cooks] Re:.dollhouse miniatures of period stuff - sorta OT

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 15:38:58 PST 2003

Those serious miniature guys do some very impressive stuff!  There is a large
miniatrues show given by International  Guild of Miniature Artists (IMGA?
IGMA?) up in Rye Brook (or Rye Town) NY every April.  I haven't seen a proper
manor house of our period (tho they do castles--fairytale) but there are some
very nice cauldrons, spiders, fireplace cranes, etc.  The most exciting thing
I saw a couple of years ago was a fully done, inch to foot loom, with heddles
and everything, upon which the nice man was weaving a plaid pattern...

That's where I saw the food book...and the lady cheerfully making cabbages
using a single edge razon to cut the leaves off the prepared roll of sculpy.
Each leaf cut off and placed by hand.  Awesome.

Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com