[Sca-cooks] HELP!!! with Chocolate/White Choc...stuff plan or is this ok? Is there a better way?

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Wed Jan 8 19:04:54 PST 2003

Ok here is what is up.  Our Microwave died!!!! Kaput. Ok now this is not
to bad as I know one way, but I am looking for the quicker method to
keep chocolate/that candy stuff they try to pass off as "white choclate"
, warm. OR to heat it again quickly.  I know someone talked about the
heater thingys but I need a quick fix.  Is the stove really my only
answer?  Or better yet I am fine with the stove top being the heat
source but is there a way to keep it warm for awhile to use it in a
semi-liquidy state?
Here is how we were using it, nuke for 1:00 minute two squares, stir,
nuke for 30 secs, stir, if not ready nuke an additional 15 secs. It
would stay usable(Paintable) for about 30 minutes maybe even longer.
 But after about 40 minutes it would start to harden so pop into
microwave 30 more secs and stir.  I have of course a stove top, as well
as a fondue set with both high and low racks, double boilers pots,  I
was thinking maybe a candle where the sterno would normally go for the
high rack and use that and three pots. (Two pots of water, one on stove
and one as the double boiler bottom and just keep switching the two
around so they stay hot) ((The candle is basically to keep the water in
the bottom pot hotter longer)) When the chocolate cools pop back to
stove pot for heat, get it liquidy again, move both pots to candle
fondue rack, replace with the pot that was on the rack.

Am I off base or did I just answer my own email???
I await your advice... I get home at 3:30 PM but will be up for about
another hour.
Thanks
Nichola