[Sca-cooks] OT Hawaii Pacific University was places to live

dracosomnus at katspit.net dracosomnus at katspit.net
Fri Jan 10 08:36:42 PST 2003

> From: Solwerlad <fitzlancelot at seznam.cz>

> Does this opportunity happen to work also for foreign professors?
> jkn> The University of Hawaii offers a visiting professor program.

I bow my head in abject embarassment for failing to proofread. The
University of Hawaii is a state school, does not have any similar program
to my knowledge and completely different. Anyone who went searching for
info there is probably very confused. Hawaii Pacific University is what I
meant.

Now, to answer your question, yes. I know that the Dean of the
Communication department was talking to someone in Hong Kong the last time
I talked to her. So yes, foreign isn't a problem; in fact many (not sure of
the stats, but it may even be most) of their students are not American.

Field of study is more important, but at this point we've wandered so far
off topic that I feel we should leave the living room to the others and
duck into the kitchen to continue. I'll send a private email. Does anyone
else want to be included?

Lann (who can remember her manners, every once in a while. And we won't
tell anyone at HPU that I said U of H, will we? I'd be in for some
merciless teasing. Huge difference between the schools, really.)