[Sca-cooks] FWD from King of East

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jan 13 14:22:13 PST 2003

i got this on another list..... passing it on, but please note i have NO
verification on its authenticity.

Fwd: From His Majesty of the East

Greetings to all who see these words...

As of 20:30 last night; I have been activated and will
be sent overseas. I will check into my unit in CT and
within a week, I should be going to a Marine Corps
Base, stateside. Within 2 weeks of arriving at the
base, I will be sent to Southwest Asia.

        I have stated since the beginning of the
reign, that there is a possibility that some of us
might be sent away to protect our country.

        Know this: We all think of our family in the
SCA and especially our fine Kingdom of the East. When
things are the toughest, I will draw from the strength
that has been exhibited to me by my lady love
Gabriella, my family, my Queen, Isabella, my household
and my friends. I am lucky to have served as King of
the East. I have come in contact with many people I
might have never had the chance to meet. I will always
have fond memories of sitting at great feasts in Our
Northern Shores. I will remember fighting in the
summer
time in

Maine, fighting side by side with the Great Northern
Army with  their famous Masters.   I will remember
fighting with my beloved Bloodguard; a greater
band of brothers could not be found. I will remember
my roots. Getting taught to fight by Sir Wulfstan,
Duke Ronald, Master Wulfgar and getting whooped up
on by the von Halsterns.

        Most of all, I will recall warm summer days.
Walking by camps full of friends at Pennsic War.
Whether you realize it or not, you will all be my
inspiration when I work long hours and my thoughts
drift off of home.

        It has been a pleasure to serve as your King.
It has been the greatest pleasure to just be a member
of this fine community, which I will carry in my heart
to the end of my days.

        Honor all of your brothers and sisters in my
absence.  Please make an effort towards peaceful
relations with each other.

        Support your Queen as she will need your help.
I am appointing a regent to serve you and my Queen in
my absence. Although he will have noreal power; he
will represent me while I am off at Crusade. He will
help Our Queen as she continues to rule in my absence.

        These are my wishes. I look forward to the day
when I can return to your fold and see the smiling
faces of the largest family a man ever had.

I love you all......

                 Andreas