[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety (now catering gloves)

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Tue Jan 14 15:19:49 PST 2003

Kirsten scribed...
>yeah.. i have only rarely seen gloves in use in a non commercial
kitchen....
>i dont think EVER in a SCA kitchen.......

Maybe it's due to the attitudes/level of experience of the Head cooks you're
group has?  Cause
the use of catering gloves is *MANDATORY* in all the kitchens where I'm the
Head cook - and are also always used in all pre-prep cooking. I even
encourage multi-layering so that if my crew need to strip their dirty gloves
off they still have a layer on underneath.

Hygiene being a BIG thing with me (Am proud of my track record that no-one
has ever had even a tummy-upset after one of my feasts/lunches - unless of
course it's from them overeating)

Mari
(located in Lochac [Australia])